Saturday, September 12, 2009

worth the wait

Sometimes it hurts me when Gun asks me not to break up with him everytime he leaves. Maybe something happened in the past, with his past, to think that I’m selflish enough to do so. But then again, maybe you think he’s selfish for asking me to wait. But he doesn’t ask; he doesn’t have to. Some people think I’m crazy to wait. Some people don’t understand how or even why I wait. But that’s what you do. That’s what you do when you love someone. That’s what you do when you’re in love with someone. You wait. Because really, you go throughout your whole life waiting for that special someone. That someone who knocks you off your feet. That someone who still gives you butterflies even after years of being with one another. That person who thinks you’re still beautiful at your worst. That person who is selfless, a martyr, a lover, a fighter, a giver- everything you’ve ever dreamed of. That’s the person I have already. So when you ask me why I’m waiting, I’ll tell you that so are you; but that I’m one step ahead of you. I have that someone special who’s worth it all. Who’s worth my time. Who’s worth my love. Who’s worth the wait.



--
If you didn't know, Gun left today to go to Thailand because the doctors told him that his grandmother now only has a few days to live. He flew to say his final goodbyes and will be missing school at ASU all this week. There is a high possibility that his grandmother will pass away on his 20th birthday, this Monday.

2 comments:

Paulina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paulina said...

Brittany you and Gun are the fairy tale couple that everyone wants to have! The both of you are not selfish whatsoever! That is just one form of love; Wanting to be together always. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'm sorry to hear the news=[ and Please send my condolences to him and his family.